"Fitness gives us a way to escape from the pressure and stress of living the city life. I strive to bring together a positive, upbeat and driven group of people. We journey to find ourselves by pushing our physical limits. My training relates to the theory found in the yoga principle of "the edge". Along the path of finding ourselves, exploring our limits and testing our abilities, we find moments when we are able to surpass our own limitations and find our personal "edge". By discovering our boundaries, we learn to discover ourselves."

12 May 2010


While in the health food store, I walked by a sale on noodles which caught my eye. A sale on food usually means either something is going to expire or no one is buying it. I decided to try them once and decide if it was a good idea later. Shirataki noodles are thin, clear and gelatinous. Originally from Japan, today they are popular in health food stores because they are very low carb and calorie, and most are gluten free.

Having never cooked w them before I decided to keep the recipe simple. I cooked a simple stirfry of chicken, broccoli, peppers and green onion. The noodles are cooked just like regular pasta, boiled in a pot. Tossed it all together with a soy sauce concoction, and loved the final result.

I did my online research and found a site that has created 101 Shirataki noodle recipes!!

1 comment:

  1. great suggestion! After reading your post I picked some up at the store and made a similar stir fry. Also a great solution for summer when I crave pasta.

    ReplyDelete