"Fitness gives us a way to escape from the pressure and stress of living the city life. I strive to bring together a positive, upbeat and driven group of people. We journey to find ourselves by pushing our physical limits. My training relates to the theory found in the yoga principle of "the edge". Along the path of finding ourselves, exploring our limits and testing our abilities, we find moments when we are able to surpass our own limitations and find our personal "edge". By discovering our boundaries, we learn to discover ourselves."

22 April 2010

I get a lot of questions about taking supplements. I don't take too many, and try to only recommend something that I have tried myself. I did some research about detox a while ago, and recieved lots of positive feedback about Turmeric.

Turmeric comes from Southeast Asia. Its leaves are used as a curry sauce as well as for wrapping and cooking food. Most of what we see in stores is a root powder. In Eastern medicine turmeric is used as an anticeptic, to cure stomach ailments, and as an anti-inflammatory. Today we use it for liver detox and to boost stomach enzymes (which also calms the stomach). Check this link for 20 reasons to add turmeric to your body.



I make it a point to think about liver detox every couple months. I drink lots of water and Kombucha, no alcohol, and take turmeric. For an extra cleanse, add psyllium husk to your water, have lots of leafy greens (kale, spinach, broccoli) and try Yogi Peach Detox tea (this stuff is magic) :) You'll be all clean in no time.

Theres an online store I found just for detox, YourDetoxStore.com. They have these Foot Detox Pads that look amazing. Someone out there try them and let me know how you feel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment